Saturday, October 6, 2012

When they think they know how the world works

For your reading enjoyment, 
observations from the Cook kids on matters of science.

Rain
Thunder is no longer a mystery to the kids, as Grammy has informed them that it is simply the angels bowling.  From this they have drawn other scientific conclusions.  Marcus began to giggle when the rain came one day, because as he explained, "The Angels are spitting on us!"

The Common Cold

 Achoo! (I sneezed.)
Achoo- YOU,” Marcus said snarkily.
“Are you sassin’ your mother!?”
“No, I’m sassing your sneeze.” 
(I think I like that better than the traditional “bless you.” Sass away, son.)


Ear Wax
Daddy look, I have a carrot growing in my ear! (ear wax)


Nausea 

After a few pukey hours one morning I told Aggie I was feeling better. 
"Of course you are mommy, I prayed for you." 
"Aw, Aggie, thank you!" 
Aggie, with a serious face, replied, "Your welcome. Now, Let's not have that happen again."

Yogurt recipe
"Is yogurt made out of milk and snow?"

Hair growth
"Mommy look!  All the rain we had this week REALLY made my hair grow!" 

Germs
"Somebody yuckied-up my toothbrush!!!"

Tears
He didn't like watching me cut onions, because, he said, "My eyes got sweaty!"

On Fighting Fatigue
“My body is tricking me! It says it wants to watch Batman, but it says it is tired and needs to sleep, but I really just want to watch Batman! I don’t like it!”

Heartburn
"My body had a little spill in me."

Grease

"Wow mommy, that bacon has a lot of bacon juice!" 


What have your young scientists observed about the way the world works?
Share today's joy with me in the comments!





4 comments:

  1. These are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Love, "let's not have that happen again"... New follower. Can't wait to read more of your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! These were lovely! Thanks for sharing and I'm sorry it's taken a whole week before I actually read your post. It's been kind of busy around here. Thanks also for linking up on last week's Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop! Don't forget to link today if you haven't already. Have a great weekend!

    Tina - mom of 4 and author of 5 blogs
    http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics