Tuesday, October 16, 2012

When they get me

One Saturday when Josh was on duty,  he was getting the kids ready for their naps, and Seth said to him, "Daddy, while we take our naps, are you going to work in the kitchen? I want mommy to be proud of you when she comes home!"

I love that he knows what makes me happy!

------
Photobucket
“We need to put on some quiet music.” I told Lorraine as we got in the van.
"Why?" asked my daughter.
“Because daddy’s with us, and adults like to have conversation.”
“Not all of em.”
“Oh really?”
“Yeah. Not the ones who refuse to grow up.”
She smiled at me with her big brown eyes. 
That was a good button to push, as we've been reading Peter Pan in Scarlet together. 
I made sure to jam with her later.


------

"Mommy, I don't think I have ever seen you in high heels," Lorraine said as she stood there in her dress up shoes.
I give her a look.
"And I probably never will." She laughs.
I love that my daughter knows me.


Do your children ever surprise you with how much they actually "get" you?

2 comments:

  1. Yes ma'am, this is a post for me! I am shocked of how much my oldest knows me and knows what I am going to say before I say it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been enjoying your posts this month. So cute, and such good reminders to be aware of the gifts God gives...and to be thankful for them in a very conscious way.

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics