Tuesday, October 2, 2012

When the easy way is their favorite way

Sometimes, I need to give myself a break. I need to do something the easy way, just for the sake of my sanity.  And once in awhile, the easy way happens to be exactly what THEY want.

Our easy lunch:


This is a "round-the-table" meal.  (it's not a trough, exactly.)

TV and easy food for them, time opened up in my schedule for me.
When they are done, they are capable of bringing this one dish into the kitchen for me, and running the vacuum over the floor.

And I love it, when I'm feeling too overwhelmed to make a normal sit-down meal, and I say, "Sigh... kids, I think we're just going to have a round-the-table meal this time," they respond with "Hooray!!!" and "Yippie!" and dancing!

Wouldn't it be awesome if they celebrated all my attempts to simplify with loud cheers!?

Share today's joy with me in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. I like your 31 days topic! And yes, it would be nice if making things simple like that could be met with cheers and dancing!

    Unfortunately in our house we have those who like to learn the hard way and that means clean-up for us...OY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! Easy and healthy, way to go! My easy way out is usually boxed Mac-n-Cheese. Cringe, but inside I'm cheering and dancing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your topic! Yes, so many people need to find the joy in raising their children! It CAN be done :) And I love this idea. It seems so much fun for everyone!

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics