Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Rest. Day four. Food quirks.

Unhurried I notice strange things about myself.

Here on vacation, we eat when we are hungry, and it's not as often as I would have guessed had I planned our meals.

I eat more often at home, and here are a few reasons why:

THEY require three meals a day and snacks, and it's my job to make that happen. If I'm going to be handling food all the time I might as well have some.

I eat when they are hungry. Why not?

I eat when they are NOT hungry any more. How can I let this food go to waste?

I eat because I have a spare 30 seconds and I know that eventually I will get hungry, even if I'm not now.  Who knows if I'll have time to eat when that happens? Better get the eating done while I can! And quick, before they see me!

I eat because my life is crazy, and it's something fun to do if I find myself in a moment when nobody needs me.

I eat to comfort myself, as a way of having "me" time for a second in the middle of a hectic day, as a way of filling myself up with whatever THEY are sucking out of me.

Funny thing:  Food doesn't fill me up with patience or energy, not when I eat too much, and not when I eat junk.  Food is a gift, intended for my good, but I often use it to my own harm.

I need a better relationship with food.
(After vacation of course.)
If you'd like to join me, join the group I joined: Dakota Pam's SparkTeam
I'll see you there. (Next week, of course. Orlando is not hte place to practice a healthy eating plan!)

Tell me, do you eat for reasons other than hunger?

3 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to your post. :o)

    I am slowly conquering it though. Slow and steady wins the race.

    Yesterday I had a green juice. Am aiming to do another today. They are good meal replacements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I need a better relationship with food." It is easy to push that thought to the back of my mind. Like any relationship, our one with food needs to be "nourished"-pardon the pun! But in a good way. Food...we can;t live without it but sometimes it can be a bit hard to manage! Glad to hear you are still vacationing nicely :0)!

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics