Thursday, August 23, 2012

Little much-loved one.

No more can I turn the leaves of this dear book that I loved, 
and vainly hope in time to read it all.

No more can I look into the depths of this unfathomable water, wherein, as momentary lights glanced into it, I have had glimpses of buried treasure and other things submerged. 


It was appointed that the book should shut with a spring, 
for ever and for ever, when I had read but a page. 

--Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities


In loving memory of Delia.
One year ago today, she was born, 
she breathed one small sip of life in this place.

She sat in arms of mom and dad and family as they loved her for a moment,
and she was loved.



As their love poured on her, she received also the love of God
His Word, His life-giving water,
His promises to her sealed.

Baby Delia's story seemed so short,
so small, to those of us who saw her only from this earthly place.

We wait in this place, where sadness and death pervade,
and we look to Christ, who is our life, and hers.

We know by faith that death has not had the victory.

She lives, with Christ,
she lives.




She lives.
And she is loved.


We remember.

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. 
Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
1 Corinthians 13:12

---------------------------

Tomorrow:
Using Art to Bless Your Family in times of grief

5 comments:

  1. Here in this post, the amazing family that was the first link between you and me. Hug Shel for me when you see her. Will you and your family be at their BBQ this weekend? How blessed they are to have such loving, caring friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure will Kate! Don't tell me you will be there too? How cool would that be to meet you in real life!

      Delete
  2. Prayers go to you. My heart aches for you. Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics