- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Do Daddy and Mommy BOTH know stuff?
(This story was inspired by Seth, who really didn't know.)
"Hey mom, why do we put gas in the car?" asked the boy.
"Because the van needs gas if we want it to go," replied mom.
"Why? How does gas make the van go?"
"Well… why don't you ask your daddy about that, honey."
"Mom, can you fix my transformer?"
"That's a better job for your daddy," said mom.
"Mom, how does our email know the way to grandma's computer?"
"The internet takes it there, son."
"How does the internet work?"
"Um… I think it's magic."
"No mom, really, I need to know HOW it works!"
"That's a daddy question, honey."
"Mom, when is the laundry going to be done?" asked the boy. Then he stopped, saying "Oh nevermind, I forgot. Only daddies know stuff. Not mommies."
Mom stopped ironing and looked at her son. "Now wait just a minute, son! Let's talk about this!"
Mom sat down on the couch with the boy.
"Mommies and daddies both know stuff. Daddy knows more than I do about cars and computers and things like that. But mommy knows lots of important things, too!"
"Oh really? Like what?" the boy was skeptical.
"Well…" mom thought for a minute.
"Remember when you were nervous to start school? Mommy knew how to help you through that first day."
"I remember that! You prayed for me and wrote notes in my lunch! Now, I love school!"
"And who knows how you like your hamburgers, and your pancakes? And who knows what kind of cereal to buy and what size socks you wear?"
"You do mommy." The boy smiled.
"When you get scared at night, what happens?"
"Daddy tells me to go back to bed."
"And sometimes mommy comes into your room for hugs and prayers, right?"
"Right. I like it when you do that. "
The boy hugged his mother and smiled, "I think I get it mom.
Daddy knows how to make things work, and mommy knows how to help things grow."
"That's a good way to put it son.
We make a good team, don't we?"
. . . . . .
( characters in this story may appear wiser than they actually are)
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Grace frees me to be the child that I am and to ask my Father for help. -John Kleinig