Thursday, July 26, 2012

Things I should not have to say by the water



Just know that I’m not coming in there after you.

They’re not lake boogers, and don’t throw them at your brother

If you are going to spank the water, don’t do it by the rest of us!

It's not "allergy," it's algae, and don't throw it at your brother!

Yes, your shoe floats, but I’d rather you use sticks and leaves!

Don’t put seaweed on your brother’s head!

Make sure you aim your stick/javelin at the middle of the pond.

You’re not going to be able to make an entire tree a javelin!

I’m disturbing the fish? REALLY?

Careful- you're gong to fall in the mud!

(Check out the mud boots!)

Wait, why do I care? Have fun.
Let me know when you are ready for your baths!

--------
Do you ever forbid things, and then just give up?
-------

See also: 


7 comments:

  1. Love this! I do this all the time because I realize I'm over exhausting myself with continually shouting out all my "rules" and then realize they just want to have fun. If they aren't going to hurt anything, then just let 'em play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at "Lake Boogers." snort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I love it!! And yes, I find myself forbidding things and then realizing there is no harm in it, and I withdraw my restriction.. We are human, we are mothers, we are allowed to do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Made me lol!!
    Visiting you via the Aloha bloghop. Am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yup all the time. I just give up on telling my 18mth old no when it comes to the book shelf. I am not a fan of having to pick books up 10 times a day.
    New follower via the weekend blog hop

    http://dreamweaverswife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics