Thursday, July 5, 2012

One Generation to Another: On the Blessings of Granparents


One of my favorite things about summer:
The kids get to spend more time with their grandparents.

Grandparents have fresh patience, fresh ideas, and irrational, wonderful love for these children of mine.


Grandparents have cool toys:



Grandpas put up with 1000 questions from my question-askers.





Grandpas make the babies laugh.


Grandpas make the big kids, laugh, too,
even at their own expense.


Grandpas drive trucks, scooters, boats, and 4-wheelers.



Grandparents think up great games
like water-swinging:


Grandmas take time to sit in the sun,
and watch the flotilla go by.


Grandmas teach children about flowers,
and get excited over painted rocks.



Thank you, God, for the blessing of grandparents!
---------------------------------
Do your kids spend extra time with the grandparents in the summer?
What do grandparents have that parents don't have?
I'd love to hear from you!
--------------------------------

New series coming soon:

If you've got it, flaunt it!
Our weakness, His strength.

Subscribe by email so you don't miss a thing!

9 comments:

  1. My children spend two days a week with their Grandma in the summer. They LOVE having special time with Grandma! Great pictures Emily:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so blessed to be able to do that! :)

      Delete
  2. HEY! Can I be adopted by you so I can have such cool grandparents??? Love the pictures. Truly captures! About 2 years ago we renovated our home so my ailing in-laws can move in with us. They have a mini apartment attached to our home via a large 1950's garage! Most people do not respond favorably when I share that information. We are thrilled. They are amazing people. My children are so blessed to experience this multi-generational life. Thanks for sharing :o).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like you have some good in-laws too, Donna! I think your kids will be blessed by that experience! So wonderful that you can have them so close! (mine are 6hrs away!)

      Delete
  3. oh I miss my paents so much!! I know they would love and delight my kids... you are blessed!! lucky you!
    I look forward to someday being a grandparent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Annmarie, I look forward to being a grandparent too, as crazy as that seems right now! I hear it's even better than being a mom in many ways! You get to do the fun stuff, and leave the hard stuff to the parents! :)

      Delete
  4. Not as much as I would have loved, I wish my boys can get more time, no thanks to distance. I am already day dreaming of what grand-parent-hood would look like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks SO much for stopping by my blog this morning, I am now following yours and I LOVE the pictures! My daughter is blessed to spend days at a time with my parents. My son is almost two and can't spend the night with them because of my dad being disabled and my son is borderline autistic, so the only way he can talk is sign language and although I'm teaching my parents what speech therapy has taught us, they can get forgetful since it is a new "language." But my daughter, yeah I have to bribe her to come home sometimes, like last night for the 4th. But luckily they only live 3.5 miles away from us. Again, LOVE your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these sweet pics of the grandparents in your life blessing their grandchildren. Truly they are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics