- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
OK, I admit it. I'm dragging my feet, looking back at those baby days. I already KNOW what's great about babies, and the great things are pretty great.
But my first baby turned nine yesterday. And it turns out, nine is pretty cool too, in its own way.
Her personality is shining. She is becoming her own person. I am learning to celebrate that. For example:
That's a candle in a brat. At her request.
Note to self:
next time you sing happy birthday over hot meat products,
don't put the candle right IN the meat
(it melts, of course!)
So I'm opening my eyes this week, and trying to see those things that are so great about big kids. Will you help me make my list?
(I'm thinking early elementary here. I'll go back one of these days and delight in the forgotten but wonderful middle toddler and preschool children.)
What's so great about big kids?
- They can play volleyball with me!
- They can help with the little kids.
- They understand sarcasm!
- They can read great books.
- They get excited about new shoes that I would have bought them anyway.
That's all I have time for this morning, but I am going to try to keep thinking on this throughout the week. Think with me, will you? Tell me something you love about big kids!
God, help me spend less time pining after the gifts of the past. Open my heart and my eyes and show me the gifts you have for me in THIS season. In Jesus, Amen.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Grace frees me to be the child that I am and to ask my Father for help. -John Kleinig