- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Steeping in Sunday
Tell me, have you felt like this recently? What happened?
Father,
What amazing grace it is that I am called a child of God, a friend! Thank you for letting me see Your wonderful works, for confiding in me through Your Word. Amen.
Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars with water.” And they filled them up to the brim. And he said to them, “Now draw some out and take it to the master of the feast.” So they took it. When the master of the feast tasted the water now become wine, and did not know where it came from (though the servants who had drawn the water knew...)
Those servants, who had drawn the water, how blessed they were. They got to see behind the curtain. They saw with their eyes, and they knew where the wine had come from. They even got to have a hand in the miracle, in a way, simply by doing what they were told.
I like thinking about this, these insiders, that got to see Jesus's hand at work.
I think I understand a little what that must have felt like. I see a miracle, little or big, and maybe others don't know what just happened, but I do. God worked. I just happened to be there, and maybe I had a little hand in it, in a manner of speaking, but I know the truth: it was all Him.
- the time I had a baby
- when I hear my daughter pray about every little thing
- witnessing a tiny burst of love from one of the kids to another
- my daughter playing a hymn on the piano, and the song lifting my spirits
- The other times I had a baby, and found myself amazed that God did this phenomenal thing, AGAIN.
- Faith, given and growing, in me or anyone else
Tell me, have you felt like this recently? What happened?
Father,
What amazing grace it is that I am called a child of God, a friend! Thank you for letting me see Your wonderful works, for confiding in me through Your Word. Amen.
John 15:15
No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does
not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all
that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Grace frees me to be the child that I am and to ask my Father for help. -John Kleinig