Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Green Magyk

Do you understand photosynthesis? 
Espeically the whole making-trees-and-leaves-and-fruit-out-of-thin-air part?  
Go blow on that bush. 
You can't see it, but the bush will turn your breath into raspberry juice.  
We could improve on the name. 
Photosynthesis. 
I've suggested Green Magyk, but no one listens to me.

(Notes from the Tilt-a-whirl, ND Wilson)



Or tomato juice.
Or pizza. My children like to imagine that this is how God grows pizza for us.

The smell of tomato plants reminds me of home-- the old one where I caught earthworms for fun while mom planted flowerse and dad grew tomatoes and rhubarb.


Have you noticed, lately, the miracles that God is doing in your own garden?
Or do you reap the benefits of this Magyk through the grocer?
It is no less amazing.


The sun shines, but you cannot simply open your mouth and drink it.  
You require the help of these- these green machines miracles. 
They are more impressive than machines. 


Broccoli, harvested too late. 
I feel guilty about that, since it's grown so big.


But there are flowers, and beauty comes even from this vegetable.
Grace in my garden.


2 potatoes sprouted in my cupbard by accident.
They gave us these:


See the one with eyes?


Green Magyk in God's creation. 
He blesses our bodies with the fruits and vegetables of the earth. 
He makes them taste good, and sometimes, for the fun of it, he makes them look funny, too.

Thank you God for the fruits of the earth.




No comments:

Post a Comment


Web Analytics