Tuesday, July 2, 2013

It feels odd to say kind things.

I read this post a few weeks ago, and it's got me saying some weird things in front of my children.

"Isn't it wonderful to have a body that can hike like this?"
"Thank you God for a body that can swim!"

Instead of "I'm so glad I didn't break the zip line!" I said, "WOW that was so fun! Let's do it again!"

me on the zip line!


There are other thoughts about the body bouncing around in my head, unkind thoughts. And they are loud thoughts, too. But they are not the most important thoughts.

So, even as I fight my own temptations and try to better care for my body, I do not want to do it in a spirit of self-hatred.  

I pray that God helps me keep my eyes on the many, many things that are more important.  

"Let us honour and respect our bodies for what they do instead of despising them for how they appear. Focus on living healthy and active lives, let our weight fall where it may, and consign our body hatred in the past where it belongs."

Read this post!

http://www.essentialmums.co.nz/mums-life/health/8757837/Passing-on-body-hatred


------------
Even if you are unhappy with your body today, can you think of ONE kind thing to say about it?

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we get so consumed into our efforts to fit the society’s standard of a good looking body that we take the gift of life for granted. It is important that we cherish our health as countless people would give anything to have it.

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics