Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wheatgrass. Really.

 What kind of crazy hippy have I become? The kind that grows her own wheatgrass. Yep, that's me.

How to grow wheatgrass.
1. Get wheat.
2. Put it in dirt.
3. Get it wet.
4. Wait.

While you wait, magical things happen inside the pot. Sun, air, water, and wheat mold and meld and mix and the nutrients change and the grass grows. Amazing stuff.



Or, forget about it while you go on vacation. 
Leave it outside, and come home to something like the picture above.

After vacation, who looks more frazzled, me or my neglected wheatgrass?




Why do I throw wheatgrass in my smoothies?  Click here.

Have you ever tried wheatgrass?
What's your favorite green?

1 comment:

  1. I would love to grow my own wheat grass. How, specifically, do you do it? I never thought of putting it in smoothies, great idea. How long does it stay fresh? can you email me - ballpark001@gmail.com
    Mare

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics