Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekly Challenge: Rethink your body

Taking care of a body is such a struggle. Some things are easier for me, like exercise and choosing real butter over margarine, and some things are so hard that they seem impossible. So here I am, still making new changes, making some commitments over (and over) again.

Still weak and loved.
But often, not feeling so lovely at all.

If you relate to this, I hereby order you to read this article immediately:

These are the lines of a story

When I read this article, I felt like I got to a tiny peek into a brain with healthy self-image.
It was beautiful.

I'd love to hear from you after you read it.
What stood out to you the most?



3 comments:

  1. Tracing the lines of stretch marks and scars and knowing they are lines of three beautiful stories; stories that are part of my past,my present and my future. That is beautiful to me. And because of this I may just yet learn to love my body.

    Thanks for the link, Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT was an awesome post and I was glad to share it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thank you. My kids all love my flabby stomach and stretchmarks. And the youngest one (each at his own time) always "discovers" my third boob one day while nursing and thinks he/she hit the jackpot (bread basket, indeed!)

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics