Friday, April 19, 2013

Jump (5 minute friday)

Spring is here and they jump.

Jump out of bed, jump the the couches until I shoo them outside with no time even for shoes.  They jump on the trampoline, on each other.

And I watch the joy of a child, of children rejoicing in their own bodies, in health and life and spring.  And I find it hard to make them do their homework first.  Mud and worms and dandelions call to them and even to me, and we become irresponsible, free.

My body, imperfect but strong, can jump with them in this season, today. My body and my heart lift up with their joy, to the sky, and though my legs shake with the jumping, still, we jump.




(and that's five minutes, folks. Linked up with Five Minute Friday, writing for five minutes the way I used to run... just for the joy of it.)

3 comments:

  1. I love your pictures! I wish spring would make its way to Chicago. I'm grateful for the touch of it found here. Happy to make my way to your site through FMF. Many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing this jumping for joy! A trampoline was my first thought when I heard the prompt; received my first one at 50! Here's to the jumping & the playing today!

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics