Sunday, April 28, 2013

Don't read my blog this week.



We're embarking an adventure this week.
We're going screen-free.
Our TV is covered up, ready for an entire week's rest.


We've made our list of fun things to do without technology.
They got quite excited as we talked about this at the table.

With every idea they got louder, and louder, and LOUDER...

Play in the sandbox!
Climb trees!
Go to the park!
Play in the dirt!
Play dress up!
Board Games!
Duct tape our mouths shut and wave our arms to communicate!
Have a banana fight!
Eat Marcus for dinner!
Poop our pants!
(I refused to put  the last three on the list, but  I did OK the duct tape.)

our screen-free list

Plus, I can feel myself getting distracted from my primary vocation. It's time to unplug. The  weather is getting nice, and I think we could use a little fresh air. A little re-focusing. A little human interaction.  It's gonna kill me, but I think I'll even  turn off my computer this  week too. (I expect some major withdrawal symptoms.)

And they are interrupting me even as I write this post.  But this time, instead of shoo'ing them, I'll just quit typing.

I'll let you know how it goes next Monday!
(assuming we survive!)

Consider joining me!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your screen free time this week! Don't go too crazy!

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics