Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes

I tried a strange recipe.  Mock garlic mashed potatoes.

Here's how it went.

First, skepticism.
"What is this mommy? Food?"

So they say, son.




The kitchen help worried.
"Is that just for mommy? Not me?" he asked hopefully.



After I boiled it, I remembered that my food processor attachment is broken.
So I used my mixer instead.

It is supposed to be smooth, so it can attempt to imitate potatoes.
This was not smooth, but it was the best I could do.


I served them with dinner. I knew they would not like "cauliflower mashed potatoes," so I called them "mock potatoes," hoping they didn't really know what the word "mock" meant. They didn't, but they now know that mock means "something awful."

0 out of 6 Cook kids approved.

I thought it tasted fine, on the other hand, but then again, I actually like cauliflower.
If you do too, then you might like this recipe.
Let me know if you try it, and if you can fool anybody if you have the equipment to make them smooth!


Come back next Tuesday for another recipe!

Join our facebook group for extra support!


1 comment:

  1. We have made these with a food processor and they were good. Not fabulous, but if 10=mashed potatoes I'd say they were a 7. Definitely give them another try when your food processor is in working order. :)

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics