- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
They were getting bored with their toys. They rode bikes in circles as I tried to do the laundry, but I could sense they were bumping each other just a little too hard to be having fun for long.
Marcus squealed and crashed into a box, knocking down my tennis shoes. He got off his bike to pick them up, and I jokingly yelled, "Marcus! What are you doing with my shoes!!! You BETTER not be touching my running shoes!"
Whenever I use the pretend-angry tone of voice, he gets the stinker sparkle.
He grabbed the shoes and ran.
Suddenly I realized something: I had just turned my SHOES into the most-desired toy in the entire house!
They swiped, I chased, they ran away laughing.
The shoes retaliated:
Winter survival tip #1 noted: Forbid Something Random.
A joking prohibition will turn whatever-it-is into a coveted piece of fun.
I wonder if this will work with broccoli?
(How are you surviving the winter? Welcoming comments and guest posts!)
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Grace frees me to be the child that I am and to ask my Father for help. -John Kleinig