- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
At first, we called them "episodes." Early episodes lasted mere seconds, and always left me guessing if I saw what I thought I saw.
She just looked like she was daydreaming. Or distracted.
The strange giggle that we heard made us wonder if she just had an inside joke with herself or something.
The word "seizure" never occurred to me. I always thought seizures were more dramatic.
This one happened in the middle of our prayer:
I was armed with my camera that day, ready to document her quirks, determined not to let anybody tell me that she was just fine. I knew she was not.
We learned later that this was a complex-partial seizure.
We learned later that these seizures can also be very dramatic.
We knew then that something was not right.
And time moved very, very slowly while we investigated that "something."
Father, uphold all of Your children for whom time moves slowly today. In the wondering and the waiting and the worry, assure us of Your unchanging love. Be the Solid Thing for all of us, in this place that is constantly changing, where life is constantly threatened and those whom we love fall away. Hold us close, safe in Your Son Jesus. Amen.
She just looked like she was daydreaming. Or distracted.
The strange giggle that we heard made us wonder if she just had an inside joke with herself or something.
The word "seizure" never occurred to me. I always thought seizures were more dramatic.
This one happened in the middle of our prayer:
I was armed with my camera that day, ready to document her quirks, determined not to let anybody tell me that she was just fine. I knew she was not.
We learned later that this was a complex-partial seizure.
We learned later that these seizures can also be very dramatic.
We knew then that something was not right.
And time moved very, very slowly while we investigated that "something."
Father, uphold all of Your children for whom time moves slowly today. In the wondering and the waiting and the worry, assure us of Your unchanging love. Be the Solid Thing for all of us, in this place that is constantly changing, where life is constantly threatened and those whom we love fall away. Hold us close, safe in Your Son Jesus. Amen.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Grace frees me to be the child that I am and to ask my Father for help. -John Kleinig