Monday, January 2, 2012

introducing: Steeping in Sunday

I sit at my computer on the chair that upholds my normal, and I find that I have more to say.
I resolve to receive.
And remember what I have received.
And carry with me that which I have received.

But I let the dog out and forget about him two minutes later. I start an email and wonder why I have 48 drafts saved. I microwave coffee and discover it the next morning.

It is hard for me to focus on anything except that which is in front of my face.

"Blessed are those who hear the Word and keep it." Luke 11:28

It is easy to hear only law in this passage.  As if Jesus were saying, obey, obey, OBEY you sinner, otherwise you have no part with me.  But He --the one who came not to abolish the law but to fulfill it-- gives this Word and all of His Words to us as a gift.

Keep my Word, my child. Treasure it. Carry it with you.  Receive from it life and hope and health.  Make your home in it.  Steep in it.  Let it color your world.  Let it remake your heart.

Coming soon:
Steeping in Sunday

TEA BAG Pictures, Images and Photos

If all goes to plan, I will post a short Scripture or hymn or idea in the blog sidebar on Sundays.

I'll let it steep in my chaotic life.  I'll post it by the sink too, and maybe on the coffee pot, so it doesn't fall completely out of my brain like so many other things do.

Mixing the Word with my chaos always produces some interesting pictures.
I'll show you some of the artwork on Thursdays.



No comments:

Post a Comment


Web Analytics