Saturday, June 15, 2013

Which is more disgusting?

First, recommended posts from this week (ish)

The Bible Summarized in Just a few Words
 Read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest this one.

I want to prioritize family and friends, and productivity and learning, over just generally consuming and being entertained. And that takes work because the Internet is so happy to entertain you. I want to find a way to use the Internet in that way, but unfortunately I'm really out of practice, so I kind of have to learn it from scratch. I don't think I got better at using the Internet by not using it.

For the Dog Days of Motherhood
"I am out of my mind and in my calling and desperate for five minutes alone and a lifetime together."

Hospitality, and the choice: Panic or delight? Appearance or love?

Mamas, especially those with tempers, need to read this.

When your temper scares you.
Sometimes you don't realize you have a temper until you have kids.
I will remember to eat. To treat myself will the same care I’d treat an explosive device and disarm with regular rest, exercise, food and friendship.

This full out war against my own angry, shouty spirit will be the biggest victory I am determined to win through motherhood


Second,

Which do you think is more disgusting?  

(These two things were presented to me in the span of 60 seconds.)

"Hey mama, look! I found this for you!"


A dead earthworm.

"Hey mama, Petie was chewing on this so I took it from him."


Some strangers fake fingernail.

4 comments:

  1. Ewwwww! The fingernail for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely the fake fingernail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to laugh- first thought the fake fingernail was a fat tic! When Kahle was a baby (crawling/walking stage) he found a tic (that had fallen off our golden retriever) and we don't know for sure, but either ate it and spit it out or just smooshed it with his fingers! Either way, it was GROSS!!!!

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics