Friday, June 14, 2013

An odd place for a "moment"


"Hey Rainy, I love you!" he says, but it sounds more like "I yub you." The cuteness is almost unbearable.
She smiles and says, "I know Petie, I know. Rainy will be out in a minute."

She's in an outhouse. I'm in the stall next to her.

"Mommy, I love you so much!" says the other little boy, and I laugh and she laughs. "That's great Eldie, but can the affection wait for a minute? Mama's going potty."
"Hey Rainey, I pick-ded you a flower!"
"Flower!" says the smaller one.  They bring their finds to the door of the outhouse.   The smells, the flies, do not deter the little boys, looking for their mommies.

"Petie, not NOW!" she says, but she is laughing so they do not take her seriously.
"Rainy we yub you!"
"Hey mama, flower! Yub you!"
"Yub you yots and yots!"

And so it goes while we go.


And sometimes this is not funny at all, but it was this time, because she was there: my daughter who is big enough to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Web Analytics