Sunday, June 30, 2013

Love more, pig-out less. (Weak and Lovely returns)

This week, Weak and Lovely returns.

The series is coming back because I need it to.

Summer has gotten in my way. Summer, a wonderful time to rest and play, to let the kids stay up later, to relax the rules—I love summer. But for me, it started out with a stress fracture in my foot.   Hobbling mama switched to survival mode.  She could have spent the extra time in forced rest learning about nutrition and planning real food recipes while focusing on strength-training instead of cardio.

She could have.
But instead, she relaxed, and she sulked. And she relaxed the rules, too, with a little rebellion in her attitude.  

So I’m sitting here now, in this body.  My foot is better, but the rest of me has gotten pretty lazy. My self-control and my heart have become lazy as well—so lazy, in fact, that I’m tired of it. I’m tired of letting my flesh win all the battles.  I’m hungry for cheese for health. I’m hungry for freedom from my stomach.  I’m hungry for God to help me love more and pig-out less.


This week, my goals are as follows:

Cut out a trigger food. It’s so easy for me to pretend that healthy living is just too complicated, like I have no idea where to start. But for me, it is SO obvious. Sugar is a major trigger for me.  I need to stop wringing my hands and just cut it out.

Refocus on what matters (Why I am caring for my body, and more importantly, the one thing needful.) For me, this is just getting back to basics- meal planning and devotions.

Post daily on this topic (and a little of the usual stuff, too.)  This will help me stay accountable (I hope!)

For you were called to freedom, brothers. 
Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, 
but through love serve one another. 
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
Galatians 5:13-14

God help us love fully and live freely in Jesus!

Will you join me?
Perhaps it’s time for you to cut out a trigger food?

Or will you commit to thinking on these things with me throughout this week?


For more in this series click here

1 comment:


Web Analytics