Monday, January 7, 2013

A New Era

My 4th grade daughter got an iPod for Christmas from her grandma (with our approval.)


She was completely shocked, and of course, she loves it. We have the parental controls locked down tight, but she doesn't mind at all.  In fact, she used it to create a new game this weekend:

Modern Hide-N-Seek
Materials required to play: 2 devices with Face Time capability
To play:
Hider hides, then alerts seeker via Face Time that she is ready.
The video message may or may not give a clue as to her whereabouts.
It may also be a means for the hider to taunt the seeker while she remains unfound.
However, hiders should be aware that this is the most common cause of hiding spot revelation among today's youth. 



Though they vanished over Christmas break, we are re-instituting our technology rules around here this week. I'm also considering a separate iPod contract with my older daughter. 

Any suggestions as to what it should include, parents?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! iPods have changed since I had one...in the stone ages! I don't even have a cell phone anymore, I'm turning into a huge luddite...sad. Anyway, since my babes are not getting anything like this for a while I don't have any personal advise, but I came across this the other day and made a huge mental note for my future use:

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/janell-burley-hofmann/iphone-contract-from-your-mom_b_2372493.html

    Woman got her 13 yr old an iPhone and it came with a contract she made up. Rules 11, 14, 15 and 17 are especially great.

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics