Friday, December 23, 2011

generosity: the messy kind

What you see: a fresh cup of coffee that my 5-year-old son brought to me with a proud smile.



What you may not be able to see: the blobs of peanut butter from his hands all over the handle.
I tried not to see them either...trying to focus on the kind heart behind the messy gift.

I am praying for "selective seeing" during this week of Christmas break.

Lord help me to be blind to the mess and disorder in my home today!  Help me to see what it is important, and make me blind to those things that are not!   Thank you God for this messy, overflowing life!

1 comment:

  1. Emily, I like your prayer and have adopted it as my own :^) I feel like my house is in messy disorder by the end of each weekend. Mondays are usually spent just getting things back to "normal" order. But like you said, "Thank you God for this messy, overflowing life!"

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics