Monday, December 12, 2011

Grace and healing

Bump and his princesses April 2006
Grandpa is healing.
He is doing better each day.
He needs lots of sleep.
His grandchildren seem to move more quickly than they did last week.
He still does not remember that day.
He gets bad headaches if he thinks too much.
He has been told not to drive.
His wife is still watching him for seizures.

Seizures.
I remember watching for seizures.

In fact, I have not stopped watching for seizures.
She has been seizure-free for over two years now, and I have not stopped watching.
I probably never will.

I don't like it when she sleep walks.
I hate when she bumps her head.
I get nervous when she looks tired.

I call her out of her daydreams.  She probably hates it, but I can't help it.
I just need to make sure she can still hear me.

She can.

I can't wait to share the rest of her story with you.  Our story of grief and grace and epilepsy.

Coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Web Analytics