Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Joy in the snow


From where I'm standing I see...
  • my first baby
  • a young lady in bloom
  • a little brother with cold ears
  • footprints from the other kiddos
  • a girl about to get tackled with a snowball (by me!)
  • a picture daddy loves... and I remind myself to tell him to tell her that, because she is getting to that age when it is so good for a little girl to be told by her daddy that she is lovely.
I feel...
  • birthday snow on my cheeks
  • cold feet from soggy boots
  • joy in the first snow of the year
  • delight in watching all six of my little snow playmates
  • happy that I snapped this moment
  • ready to put the camera down and frolic with them!


2 comments:

  1. Emily wrote: “she is getting to that age when it is so good for a little girl to be told by her daddy that she is lovely.“

    As I mentioned on FB, I think you have the beginnings of another book with this line. And yes, I can take a 10 segment watching your kids... LOL

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine anything your kids would love better than to play in the snow with their mommy! Enjoy - we haven't got any snow yet this year.

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics