Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Healthy Viewing

If you're like me, and you are sitting in front of the TV trying to eat your veggies, and trying to like them, and trying not to crave that delicious pizza or burger you just saw on a commercial...

Watch something inspirational.

I have seen these 2 documentaries recently, and I know you will enjoy them.

There are still some things in both films that I am skeptical about, but I AM 100 % convinced that fruits and veggies are extremely good for me. And I like learning about what they actually do. I think it even helps them taste better.

I am also pretty sure that processed food is not so good.

Watch, enjoy, and let me know what you think!




Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead (on Netflix, Itunes, and also free on HULU)
Is it weird that this one made me tear up? Well, it did. Inspirational.



Hungry for Change
This one really opened my eyes and gave my motivation a jump start.

Have you seen either of these?
What do you think?
Do you recommend any other food documentaries?



2 comments:

  1. I watched one quite a while ago (can't remember the name) about a guy who quit his organic, healthy eating to see what would happen if he ate McDonald's 3 meals a day for something like a month! He visited doctors before, during and after and there were some definite changes in his health. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that one Jenner3...he didn't even reach day 30 before he was in the hospital with chest pains and such. His cholesterol was through the roof. I "believe" it as called Supersize Me.

    I have these two films on my Netflix queue. as well as one called "Forks Over Knives"

    I also recommend Food Inc as far as learning how some foods are mass produced. That one changed our eating habits.

    The book "The Omnivores's Dilemma" impacted our habits as well as Dr. Dan Colberts book the "You Can Do This" diet. His plan was not about counting fats or calories or points... It was about choosing real food, higher in fiber than in carbs. He gave you steps on beating the carb crave...and honestly we dropped 50 lbs without trying hard when we followed the diet. My complaint would be I was cooking all day long. I don't follow it to the letter now, but I do keep it in mind while I'm shopping.

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics