Monday, September 26, 2011

Grace Blanket

My dear baby, you are growing so quickly.  The other night I was in the mood for snuggling, so I got you out of bed and you slept on me while I watched TV with daddy.  I wore my soft blue robe that all of the children love, and you lay under your soft blue blanket.  How nice it was to lay there with you in covered in the  calming warmth of child-life.

Three hours after we'd gone to bed, you cried from your crib with an awful noise.  Croup.  Terrible wheezing.  Wrapped in robe and blanket, you and I hurried outside and snuggled on the porch, waiting for the cool night air to help open your airways.  The midnight air was crisp and smelled of fall.  The cloudless sky sparkled as you became calm again in my arms. 

It was a moment a million times better than sleep.

How nice, I thought.  Your need for extra snuggles corresponds so perfectly with my need to give them tonight.

1 comment:

  1. ohhhh, I can't wait until my next little one is here to snuggle all night with!!! :) sooo sweet

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics