Thursday, June 2, 2011

"weak and loved" makes no sense

"Weak and loved" is a hard place to be.

Here’s one reason: it makes no sense. 
I compare His crazy love to my normal love, and His makes no sense.

Love comes out of me easily, for some people.  It is easy to love cheerful children and cute little babies.  It is easy to love people who love me, or even just like me.  It is easy to love good people and pleasant people. 

But sometimes, love faces challenge.
It is much tougher to love selfish people; unpleasant people; needy and grumpy people.  It is difficult to love sinful, disobedient, selfish people.

My love stutters in the face of these things. My good intentions get tangled up with my own selfishness.  I keep score, I judge, I pat myself on the back. I fill with indignation; resentment; anger; comparisons; complaints.  


I want to avoid people that might hurt me.

But Jesus does the exact opposite of that:

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this:
While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8


His love makes no sense, and is nothing like mine.

And that is a very, very good thing.

1 comment:


Web Analytics