Monday, August 22, 2011

oh little baby...

Tonight I sit here and pray for a friend who is right now delivering a very sick baby...and of course the baby herself, Delia, the sweet girl having done nothing in this life but receive her parents love, who will likely depart from it before she will even be able to return one tiny kiss, one arms-around-the-neck hug.  I pray for the daddy, and the big sister too, and the whole family.

But oh, I pray for the mommy... Oh God, how can a mother's heart endure such a thing?

I lost a baby once, very early in pregnancy.  And a week later I heard the sweet words of comfort: "Children of the Heavenly Father, Safely in His bosom gather; nestling bird nor star in heaven, such a refuge e'er was given."

And as I pictured that, all I could think was....

Jesus love Pictures, Images and Photos
Why do you get to hold the baby this time?

My girls and I prayed for this family together, and my oldest daughter got a little teary-eyed.  (Oh, the blessings and trials of being a pastor's family!)  She said, "Mommy, I want to have fun, but it is so hard to have fun when your heart is so sad."  

Indeed it is my dear.  Love in this awful place hurts, doesn't it?  Sigh.  It will not always be this way.... but for now, we hug and cry together.

baby Delia, you are loved.
(Her blog is here.  Please visit and pray for them in their hour of trial.)

(And for the new folks, click here for more on our church blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Web Analytics