Saturday, August 20, 2011

If I were a porcupine

Rocking a baby, snuggling a big kid, wrestling ALL the kids- most of the time I truly enjoy all of these things.

But then there are those other kinds of days: when the forces of evil (hormones, depression, sin, weariness, anxiety, noise, etc) combine to create a perfect storm in my heart and my body, and I just really need everybody to BACK OFF!

And I think, wouldn't it be nice to be a porcupine?

porcupine Pictures, Images and Photos

If I were a porcupine..... then they wouldn't want to get so close to me all the time.
I wouldn't have to say "give mama a little space please," or "go sit on the other couch for a while," or "please just don't climb on me right now!" or "I said go OVER THERE!"

My quills would say it all for me.  I would be able to sit, just sit, and nobody would want to touch me.

My, wouldn't that be nice?






4 comments:

  1. Oh Emily you said it all just right! I read this after I sat in church with two noisy squirmy children. Oh why can't you just behave and sir like an adult for this one hour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh I hear you! :)
    God help us, make us soft and suggly again! (and by the way, God, I think a nice long break from the kiddos would go along way in helping....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to your post and yes to your comment. Thankfully this feeling usually passes after a good nap... for a time at least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naps (for them or for me or both) cure a multitude of evils :)

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics