Saturday, September 3, 2011

Moody blog

This blog is an odd mixture of things.  When you stop by to visit, do you brace yourself?  Do you wonder if I am going to jerk a tear out of you, cause your head to shake at my weirdness, move you to prayer, or give you a laugh?

This blog is moody, but my whole life is that way.  I am the mom who is standing on the hill laughing at her little boys fetching acorns, only to turn around and catch a glimpse of the cemetery and remember to pray for my sad friends.  I paint toenails and giggle through a disgusting homemade facial, and then when the girls are asleep I head back to the kitchen to make food for the latest funeral.

Life is, at the same, delightfully frivolous and horribly serious.

A surprise shower, and rain-walk.
My favorite thing this week.
I don't think it is ever going to level out.  I don't expect a season without rain, ever, in this life.  Yet even in the rainy seasons, I expect glimpses of the suns brilliant rays streaking through the sky.  I expect to be stopped in my tracks by another sucker-punch of heart-suffering, and also by surprising showers of God's refreshing grace.

And I like to write about these things from all angles.
Now, before I devolve into a cliche of some kind (It's a bittersweet symphony!) I think I will share this great poem instead:



Bitter-Sweet
By George Herbert

Ah, my dear angry Lord,
Since thou dost love, yet strike;
Cast down, yet help afford;
Sure I will do the like.

I will complain, yet praise;
I will bewail, approve;
And all my sour-sweet days
I will lament and love.





No comments:

Post a Comment


Web Analytics