Tuesday, May 5, 2020

It’s been hard over here, a whole new kind of hard. My brain feels taxed, like I’m not even sure what to do with myself. Sometimes I just wander the house looking for something to eat or clean or …. control, I guess. Sometimes I pick up my phone determined to spend time in Scripture, but I end up scrolling headlines instead, ramping up my emotions rather than settling them.

Settle me down, Lord.

Here’s one thing I fear, and I want to share it with you: I fear the division that’s happening. I fear the consequences of fear.  Everything is so emotionally charged, it seems dangerous to talk about anything that matters, and I hate it.

We can’t let this trial divide God’s people.  

We need to remember what we have in common. We are redeemed children of God living in a corrupt, contaminated, disgusting, broken world. We will not leave this world unscathed.  But also, we are safe, ultimately, ONLY because of Jesus and His sacrifice, safe COMPLETELY because of His grace. That safety is not a mere physical safety- physical safety is not promised. Neither health nor economic safety is promised to us. 

God himself is our Only Solid Thing.

Let us keep taking refuge, under Him and in Him, together, while we ride out this storm.
He is (still) making all things new.


Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”
(Ps 91:1-2)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Web Analytics