Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I see! (Affirming God's work in your child)

We teach God's law in its purity and truth to our children, and we dare not water it down even a little bit. They are sinners, and we are sinners, beggars before God, and wholly dependent on His grace and mercy in Christ.

But that's not all we have to say, is it?
The gracious work of God in us is a reality, and we can encourage each other by acknowledging that!

I see the work of God in you!
This idea was inspired by Heidi-
Read her post please! (I see the Spirit in you)

Heidi shared a way that she encourages her husband, saying things like "I see the Spirit in you when..." This inspired me to use these words to encourage my children!  What a great way to affirm them!

I thought you might be inspired by this idea as well.
And to help you overcome your perfectionism, I thought I'd share with you my perfectly imperfect example!  I wrote this for my son last week, and despite the stick figures and the messy handwriting, he took it very much to heart. 













I see the work of God in you when...


  • Fruit of the spirit: demonstrations of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control
  • Sorrow over sin/confession/apology
  • receiving from God (Baptism, when you go to church, listen to God's word, etc)
  • developing a God-given talent
  • sing God's praises 
  • encourage or help someone
  • do the work set before you, however small that is

Can you see any of these in your child? 
Why not tell them today?


No comments:

Post a Comment


Web Analytics