Sunday, October 26, 2014

Just Come


Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. 
Whoever comes to me will never go hungry,
and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.
But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe.  
All those the Father gives me will come to me, 
and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 

For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.  
And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me
but raise them up at the last day. 

For my Father’s will is that everyone 
who looks to the Son and believes in him 
shall have eternal life, 
and I will raise them up at the last day.”
John 6:35-40



What does God require of me?
COME.
Not behave, then come.
Not fix my heart, not sort it all out. Not buck up. Not be strong.

Just. Come.

And He says "whoever comes I will never drive away."

Think on this with me today. Read the verse again slowly.

Don't skim.

It is God's will that whoever comes to Him
(Me! You!)
shall NOT be lost,

It is God's will that we come,
and
It is God's will that we are cared-for,
kept safe in him,
redeemed and restored and healed and helped,
and finally, raised up on the last day.

We are in His hands. We only need "come" and He will do the rest.

Let's rest in that today.


Father,
You invite me to come to You, through Your Son. Melt my stubborn heart, and teach me to come to you as your child. Grant me a heart that repents, trusts, and clings to You in all things.  Keep me safe in Your grace, that I may know Your peace. Amen.




(reposted from 9/12)



4 comments:

  1. Lovely truth to be reminded of today. Thank you for this. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. A M E N !! Great truth right there honey!!

    Thanks for linking up today!

    Falen
    UpwardNotInward.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo sweet! And I LOVE the pudgy toes in the top photo.

    Come as I am...no fuss, no muss...just me and my mess. I think that sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that we can trust in absolutes with Christ--never hungry never thirsty. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics