Monday, April 9, 2012

spring boys


"I don't reach forward and I don't reach back 
and I weigh the moment down with full attention here."

One Thousand Gifts, by Anne Voskamp


Fresh spring air. 
I am drawn out of the house, camera in hand;
boys at my ankles.
Let's capture some of this life in bloom.


Pretty, aren't they Pete? 
Don't pick them.
Don't eat them.
Just enjoy them.

I like these purple flowers.
I remember looking for signs of spring, like these,
with my mommy.


I lay on the ground to take the above picture.
New life, new flowers, and my fuzzy little boy-chick in the background.

What's mommy doing on the ground? he wonders.
She must want to wrestle.


He climbs on me.
My camera and my heart focus on him.


Do you see fish in there?

Please Marcus, don't push him in!



Yes, the water is wet.
And cold.



Marcus!
Stay away!



Gross!!!




I smile, click, and give thanks.
I am a squirrel, storing moments.


“I wish I could leave you certain images in my mind, 
because they are so beautiful that I hate to think 
they will be extinguished when I am. 
…It is a strange thing, after all, to be able to return to a moment, 
when it can hardly be said to have any reality at all, even in its passing.  

A moment is such a slight thing, I mean, that its abiding is a most gracious reprieve.” 
Gilead, Marilynne Robinson 




Don't forget to check out my facebook page!



No comments:

Post a Comment


Web Analytics