Saturday, October 1, 2011

No more mindless ironing!

Chores that bore me are suddenly finished, and I hardly notice that the effort was mine!  No more must my mind starve while my hands work!  Never again will I put off the ironing because it bores me TO TEARS!  I no longer have to look wistfully at the pile of books I will never find time to read! I can listen to them! (at least, some of them!)

Introducing, my newest delight:

LIBRIVOX
- books! Tons of classics!
(I am listening to a novel by George MacDonald right now!  How did I miss this guy in college? )


Great is His faithfulness!
Behold, His marvelous deeds!
He has poured out knowledge and technology on an undeserving people!

My eyes behold the IPOD,
my ears hear the blessed music,
my brain feasts on the glorious podcasts!

What are mothers, that you are mindful of them?
Daughters of mothers, that you care for them?
For you have filled our homes with children,
our bellies with food,
and our ears with the fruits of new technology!

Great, great is the Lord!

3 comments:

  1. I have been listening to G. K Chesterton's Father Brown on Librivox (off and on for the past few months, so by the time I get back to listening after a week off I have to go back over previous stuff because I forget what's going on and who's who - *sigh*). I never thought of loading them onto my iTouch though. Good idea.

    What's great is that it's FREE. Audio books can sure get expensive... quick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is great, thanks so much for sharing the link over at my page, Emily. I do need to recheck out libravox sometime soon... I used it a lot when I was still working at a desk job years ago but I need to revisit. Thanks and I love the name of your blog, think Ill be your newest follower. God bless. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Glad you came by and hope to see you again!
      I have really enjoyed Librivox works by Augustine and George Macdonald lately. Not really light listening, but very good!

      Delete


Web Analytics