tucking them in over and over

natural law

It is odd, to find myself bossing my children to do something that ought to be pleasing to them.

Go play outside! It's a beautiful day!
Sit still and watch your movie!
Eat your ice cream!

It's not like it does me any good if they eat ice cream.  I bought it for them, and I would just like for them to enjoy it.  Do they really think they are doing me a favor by giving me an extra bit of freezer space?

It is also odd, receive that kind of bossing.  From God's Word, no less.  Here I am treated like the child that I am, and I too find myself commanded to do things that are good for me.

Rest!
Receive!
Rejoice!
Give thanks!

As human beings, we are good at turning gifts into duties.

What a crazy thing to do.