Wednesday, May 18, 2011

bossmom never rests

Bossmom is at it again.  She even works in her sleep.

I woke my husband up last week snapping my fingers.  I woke myself up too, with that embarrassed realization that I had been acting out my dream.  I had hoped he hadn’t heard, but he had.  “What in the world was that?” 

I laughed, and explained in my dream our son was climbing on the dining room table and I was snapping to get his attention and make him get off.  I was also on the phone.

This is not the first time I have done such a thing.
I once woke up as I was saying loudly, “NOT in your MOUTH!”  I am pretty sure I had a new crawler then.

I have also awoken my husband to my stern command, “Look at me… I said LOOK at me, in my eyes,” spoken firmly to the dark walls.

It’s exhausting to be the boss 24 hours a day!

4 comments:

  1. :D

    I woke up in the middle of the night during Holy Week and started digging frantically through the covers, convinced I'd accidentally gone to sleep holding a dirty spatula. I've had this happen with a new baby before, but never a utensil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog, Emily. Your comments are always so insightful. You help us to laugh at ourselves and show us how freeing it is to confess our sins while at the same time bask in God's forgiveness. Thank you. God's richest blessings to you and yours, Emily. (Karen)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great- I remember my mom used to snap at us to get out of the room when she was on the phone- I'm pretty sure I've done it to :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! I'm glad I'm not the only one that talks, or screams in my sleep. On a few occasions, my husband has wrestled me to the ground because I get CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics