Wednesday, August 26, 2015

steadily unsteady



Steadily unsteady we remain.

The gifts God freely gives continue to pour in and over us, and yet so many things remain unsteady.

Does God give gifts and let us love them and then request them back?  Which ones can we keep, and for how long? If He wants them back, will He replace them with others?  Will he accept my half-commending of myself and all things?  Will He care for the children? Will He equip us for the work He sends? Will my ankle heal? Will disappointed people say hard things? Will I fall apart in public?  Will He make it crystal clear? For us only, or for others?  Will we see snow this Christmas?
Will we stay or will we go?

Will He be faithful?

Were I to look within or around, there would be no reason for hope, nothing solid to grab. Yet, steady is His Word, steadfast is His love for us, even as He makes all other things sway unsteadily.


1 comment:

  1. Having gone through this within the last year and a half, I really related to everything you have expressed in this post and the others you have shared over the course of your Call deliberation. Thank you for being open and I will pray with you in the transitions ahead. God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics