reels in the water

discomfort sponge


Have you heard about the girl who could turn herself into a sponge? 

She might appear in a group setting:

Everyone is chatting happily, but then somethings shifts:
suddenly there’s a little spill from somewhere. 

Discomfort or pain or conflict trickles out, and dribbles on the ground. 

Uncertainty, tension in the air

Awkward silence


But it just takes a second, a blink
She springs into action: soothing, solving, spiritualizing

She soaks up the discomfort as quickly as possible

She is quick and confident, a discomfort ninja. 

Her smile barely falters. 


“Nothing wrong here, everything is fine!” 

(huge smile) 

Positive energy beaming out of her 

with force


Her smile is mirrored on the face of the others; 

while underneath, other spills are locked up tight

 

Message received. 

Everything back as it was: 

nice and friendly and fine. 


She sees herself as a superhero of sorts, but I wonder if that’s quite right?



If you'd like to be informed directly when I post something new, you can subscribe by email here. I plan to post 2-4 times a month.