Thursday, January 8, 2015

A musical "don't mess with me"

Blessed be the Lord, my rock,
   who trains my hands for war,
   and my fingers for battle;
he is my steadfast love and my fortress,
   my stronghold and my deliverer,
my shield and he in whom I take refuge
Psalm 144:1-2


Are you discouraged, battle-weary, or filled with anxiety?
Are you soul-hungry, frazzled, overhwhelmed?
Are you filled with fear, doubt, or worry?
Are you breathing?


Feed your soul with this hymn study.  You will not regret it.


The hymn "I Bind unto Myself Today" With Pastor William Weedon

Christ be with me, Christ within me,
Christ behind me, Christ before me,
Christ beside me, Christ to win me,
Christ to comfort and restore me.
Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ in quiet, Christ in danger,
Christ in hearts of all that love me,
Christ in mouth of friend and stranger.

St. Patrick grabbed a tune to a pagan incantation and Baptized it. As I listen to the version above, sung by a mail choir, I can picture Christian-warriors gathering strength around a fire before battle with evil. And I picture the armies of heaven, and the help of God, and His name on them (and on me!) as we step forward, the church militant, here in enemy territory. We step forward in the strength of God, we hope in His name, and therefore our hope is confident. 

Sin, death, and devil- you are no match for our God.

Abbey54567TStPatChristBeWithMePlaque

photo from soulbookandgift- you can buy this!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Web Analytics