Friday, August 16, 2013

Small (five minute friday)

Five Minute Friday
The word: SMALL
Big kids are back to school this week, and I am home with the small ones.  Tiny shoes, tiny problems.  I am small with them.

Our days are full of simple joys: collecting bugs, watching clouds, discovering their little shadows on the black top.  I am the mommy, the manager, the shadow cleaning up after them and trying to stay ahead of them.

Surrounded by small people, my world is small, too.  And like them, sometimes I get tired of being small; I look at big people doing big things and I wonder if my work and my life should be bigger, too.

But I know my eyes do not see rightly, do not really know the difference between true bigness and smallness. The little man who conquered the potty has done a big thing.  And what of his mother, who took the risks with him, who shadowed him and cheered him and protected his pride when he failed?

Tiny bodies do not contain tiny souls. 

Small bodies fed, bathed, wrestled and dressed; they are cared-for.

And souls, fed and sustained by the very Word that brought life out of nothingness blessed by the Big Love of God, -- we are cared for together, and this is not small.


For great is your love, reaching to the heavens;
 your faithfulness reaches to the skies.




3 comments:

  1. I hear your heart and your questions about motherhood, but I can assure you that you are doing the holiest of holy jobs!! You might not see the "return" on your "investment" right now, but you will one day.blessings, sweet mommy XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said , and oh so true. We are privileged to bend down to the small things of the world --just as He does with us. Thank you for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those days of kids hanging on my legs! Now I wish my kids weren't scattered all over the place!

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics