- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
A diligent mother may successfully banish certain bad words from her vocabulary. But tell me mothers, are not those banished words simply replaced by other equally unhelpful words?
And really, what's the harm in letting out a little frustration? Maybe I FEEL like being ineffective and counter-productive as I manage my kids today. Maybe I LIKE giving them one more reason to tune out the sound of my voice.
Oh, you don't know what I am talking about? Well then, I have started a list for you. Store these words in your brain (pile them on top of the curse words,) and use them next time you sit on something wet, or find yourself in the kitchen with 100 squawking children on your ankles, or hear the 100th scream of the day and it's only 9am...
Emily's list of unhelpful sayings
That did NOT just happen.
If I had a magic wand, I would use it, but I do not, so you will just have to wait.
Didn't I just feed you?
THAT is the opposite of help.
WHY is everything so STICKY?!?!
Didn't I JUST change you?
Where IS your daddy anyways?
Are you kidding me?
Do you LIKE disobeying your mother?
(shrill voice) What were you thiiinkiiiing?!?!?!
What would you add to my list?
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Grace frees me to be the child that I am and to ask my Father for help. -John Kleinig