Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Marvelous zoo creatures

We took a trip to the zoo this week.

They marveled at the many and wonderful works of our creative God
While I marveled at them.


There are no creatures on this planet that fascinate me endlessly like these:

my children.


Flesh of my flesh of my flesh, 
life given through my life,
and through his life, 
and from His life.




I sat with this baby
surrounded by zoo smells
and obnoxious dance music
and parents trying to reason with a screaming burned-out two year old
I nursed him behind the bushes
and he slept

and I thought how nice, 
that wherever we are, 
for this little one
if my body is there,
he is at home.

2 comments:

  1. Very, very good, Emily!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "for this little one, if my body is there, he is at home."

    I love that. I love how "at peace" he looks, without a worry or care, asleep upon the geographical center of his life at this point.

    (p.s. that's what zoo trips always mean to me too - nursing a baby behind a bush!)

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics