Thursday, November 8, 2012

Refuse to get up. Remain.

Hear this invitation from Jesus, to his dear children,
to you,
to me:

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.
John 15:9



To remain in him means to refuse to get up from his lap.  

When it seems like the situation calls for me to stand up and take charge, 
Jesus gives me permission to remain still, 
if only on the inside, 
to trust deeply and fully that he will be strong on my behalf. 

Even when it seems impossible. 
Even when it’s counter intuitive  
Even if it means I will look weak.  
(Grace for the Good Girl p. 147)


Today, you have permission to climb up in the Father’s lap, and to stay there.
Think about the most important things, the true things, the Solid things.
Rest in Him. 

Father welcomes all His children to His family through His Son,
Father giving His salvation, life forever has been won.
(LSB 605)

This is a post in the book-club series Grace for the Good Girl 
Read more

5 comments:

  1. love this Emily! I haven't gotten to this part yet, looking forward to reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think coming to God and being at his feet and on his lap takes such strength! But is so worth it! So happy you linked up @ Into the Word Wednesday again! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just heard Emily speak last Sunday. Hers was a unique and transparent message. Thanks for sharing from her book. Haven't read it yet, but I"m intrigued. Visiting from Be Not Weary today and glad I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so beautiful - thank you so much for sharing it. I've heard of Grace for the Good Girl, but have not read it. I'm very curious. Visiting from the Cozy Book Hop! Have a wonderful week! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still love this book - every little bit of it, so glad you gave me that last little push to actually pick it up and read it!

    thank you also for sharing with Cozy book hop!

    Marissa
    http://forfunreadinglist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics