Tuesday, May 3, 2011

needy people


"God teaches us to pray by sending needy people to make demands on us."
 (Grace upon Grace by John Kleinig p164)

The needy people in my own home are the ones I often forget to pray for.  Why is that?  Probably because I think I can meet their needs without God's help, so I try until I am exhausted.  And then I remember to pray.
After a rough night with a sick baby, I begin this day exhausted, and so I start the day with prayer.  Perhaps I will be stronger for it, and God's strength will again be displayed when I am weak.

Heavenly Father,
I am surrounded by needy little people today.  I do not have enough to give them to keep them all happy.    Please watch over each of them today; give them protection, health, and daily bread according to Your will.  As You have called me to pass on some of Your care to them, equip me.  My heart is to small and my body too tired.

Give me the patience to sit under the ones that need extra snuggles.  Give me the energy to play and laugh with the ones that need playfulness.  Give me the wisdom to balance their conflicting needs.  Strengthen my hands and my back and my patience, that I may care for both the sick and the healthy with Your love and compassion.


Open my eyes to see Your constant care for me, and fill me with the blessings of Christ that I may have something to share with the needy little people in my home.
Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister....so right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for you too. It will get better some day :)

    Praying you will be carried through the trials today!

    ReplyDelete


Web Analytics